Eye bags don't cause your body any harm, but when I get them I appear exhausted and seem to look much older than I am — so I hate them.
As I, like many of us, can be rather vain about my appearance in this regard, I decided to invent my own remedy to combat eye bags, which also has the added benefit of moisturizing and rejuvenating the delicate skin around my eyes.
- a small roll-on container
- aloe vera gel
- olive oil (or other oil of your choice)
- green tea
- a fresh mint leaf
1. Boil some green tea and allow it to cool.
2. Crush up a mint leaf. You'll only need one as you'll be putting this into a small roll-on container (or at least I do).
3. Mix one part aloe vera gel, one part olive oil, one of the cooled green tea and some of the crushed mint leaf together, and put it into your roll-on container.
Simply shake up the container and gently roll the concoction onto the skin whenever you think your tired eyes need a boost. Keep the container in the refrigerator to keep it fresh, and by doing so you will also feel an extra bit of cool relief every time you use your homemade anti-puff eye roller.
The aloe vera and olive oil helps moisturize the delicate skin around the eyes, while the caffeine in the green tea will help bring down puffiness. Meanwhile, the crushed mint creates a soothing effect whenever the mixture is applied. Using a roll-on container not only makes application convenient, but gives you the ability to gently massage the area around the eyes every time you apply the mixture. This helps improve circulation around the eyes, which also reduces puffiness.
This is a great home remedy if you suffer from puffy eyes, and I love the added moisturizing effect, especially during the winter.