So, I make my own.
- organic honey (preferably locally produced)
- organic virgin coconut oil
- sterile jar/container
1. Place 5 tablespoons of honey, 2 tbsp of virgin coconut oil and squeeze 1 tbsp of juice from a fresh lemon into a small saucepan.
2. Heat the mixture over a very low heat until it is completely melted and mixed together.
3. Pour the mixture into a clean jar or container, and you're done!
Simply swallow a teaspoon of this whenever you feel your throat needs to be soothed a bit, or even add it to a cup of hot tea. This natural mixture does wonders to soothe a sore throat and suppress coughs without any of that artificial flavoring chemicals that come with most store-bought lozenges and cough syrups.
Virgin coconut oil becomes solid in room temperature or below, so if your concoction has become a difficult-to-manage solid, just put it over a little bit of heat and it should very quickly melt into something you can easily scoop up. Try to use locally produced organic honey in this mixture as well, since ingesting this kind of honey will also help boost your immunity against any allergens and pollens common to your area.
All the ingredients in this simple recipe are great natural remedies for a sore throat, with the added bonuses of honey and virgin coconut oil having natural anti-bacterial and immune system-boosting qualities that will help kill any germs they encounter. Plus, it tastes great.
Feel better soon!